160220 Stiff Leg Dead lift
Brief description of the exercise
Start by moving your buttocks backwards with a slight bend at the knees, stick your hips backward and put the barbell or dumbbell on the floor and then rise back up. Keep the lower legs perpendicular to the floor. Once here, pull the barbell/dumbbells straight up with a closed grip just outside of each knee to a standing position.
More in depth description
- Hold the two dumbbells or kettlebells at your side or the barbell in front with an overhand grip.
- Stand with your feet flat and directly under your hips with the toes pointed either straight ahead or slightly outward.
- Once in the top position slightly flex your knees to prevent hyperextension of the knee
- Lower the weight under control while keeping the knees slightly bent.
- Don’t bounce at the floor.
- Lift up evenly and with force
- Pull back up without bending your knees any further than a few degrees.
- Repeat for the number of reps listed on your schedule.