Are you at high risk? Smoking harms your smile.
It’s been proven that smoking weakens your immune system, making it more difficult for your body to ward off illness, including gum disease. And once you have gum disease, smoking makes it more difficult for your gums to heal.
If you are a smoker, Danny here urging you to STOP, your smile needs you to stop.
- You have 2x risk for gum disease.
- The more you some/chew the more at risk you are.
- The longer you’ve had the habit, the risk creeps higher.
- Treatment for gum disease may not be as effective as for a non-smoker.
- Talk with your Dentist professional. They will do everything they can to support you in your effort to quit.
This article was copied, with approval, from the Integrated Dental Arts, PLLC, www.identalarts.com newsletter.
5011 W Lowell Ave, Ste 130, Spokane WA 99208
To read more about taking care of your teeth, check out their https://www.identalarts.com/blog/
As a side note, they have 5.00-star rating for a reason—they are caring, kind, careful, and will do the best they can to help you out with your dental issues.